Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Uncle Steven's "Italian" Spaghetti

9/1/10-I made this tonight and need to clarify something. I'm pretty sure it's 3 cans tomatoes & 1 can paste. I did 3 & 3 and it was really pastey tasting so I've been adding tomato sauce to thin it. As such the 2 of us have a HUGE pan of spaghetti sauce that may or may not taste ok. Guess we'll be putting lots into the freezer, if it ends up tasting half-way descent.

Saute' fresh mushrooms and an onion in butter.
  • Brown 1 lb ground beef.
  • Put the above ingredients in a pan with 3 1lb cans tomatoes and tomato paste.
  • Add 3-4 bay leaves, some oregano and basil.
  • Simmer uncovered until thick.
  • Serve over noodles.

Sorry but I did not realize there were no amounts on this recipe. I guess you'll have to just put in what you think. Have fun.

Love, Mother

***I asked Mom for this today and thought I would post it here so we could all have it. Buon appetito!

No comments: