Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Our Traditional Jell-o

1 small pkg orange, cherry, and lime gelatin 3 C boiling water
1 ½ C cold water
(Eliminate ½ cup water from each package of gelatin)

1 small pkg lemon gelatin
1 C boiling water
½ C COLD water
4 C Cool Whip

Prepare the orange, cherry and lime gelatin separately using 1 C boiling and ½ C cold water for each flavor. Pour into three 8-inch square pans. Chill until firm-at least 3 hours or overnight. Cut into ½ inch cubes.

Dissolve lemon gelatin in 1 C boiling water; stir in ½ C COLD water. Chill until it starts to thicken.

Blend the Cool Whip and the slightly thickened lemon gelatin. Fold in the cubes. Spoon into spring-form or 9 X 13 pan. Chill at least 5 hours or overnight.



Feel free to change the colors of the gelatin to suit the Holiday you are celebrating; including the gelatin you are adding to the Cool Whip. Food coloring to the Cool Whip will add to the celebration as well. (For example, use dark gelatin colors, add food coloring to make the Cool Whip look grey, and add gummy worms for Halloween or use all red and green colored gelatins for Christmas.)


****Mom emailed this to me so I can share it with my ward. I thought I'd post it here so I don't have to keep calling everyone whenever I'm at the store for the ingredients and can't remember if it's large or small packages.


No comments: