Saturday, July 21, 2007

Artichoke Dips (2 choices):

Beth Anne's Artichoke Dip:

1 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
1 cup mayo
1 can of artichoke hearts drained
1 clove of garlic

Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Serve with French bread.

Beth Anne makes this with the Kraft Parmesan cheese all the time. When I made it, I used the a package of grated I found at the grocery store in the cheese section. Both work well. Personally, I think this one's the best before it cools too much, still good but best fresh and warm.

Kathie's Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip:

½ cup frozen, chopped Spinach (thawed and drained)
1 cup Artichoke hearts, canned, drained & chopped
8 oz cream cheese, softened
½ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup sour cream
½ cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese (or Mozzarella)
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
¼ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes

Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and stir and heat over medium until all is combined and cheese melted. Serve hot with crackers, breadsticks, etc. Feel free to add more cheese or favoring to taste, the recipe is an approximation.

I've not made this one yet (I just received the recipe today), but I've tasted it and it's fabulous! Tasted just like restaurant ones in my opinion and was just as good the next day reheated.

No comments: